Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
APS OPTIMIND works the employee assistance program, to address the organizational and personal needs that affect job performance.
Organizations will benefit from a physically and mentally healthy working-class that will achieve the desired productivity and a suitable working environment.
This program is committed to provide high quality services for prevention and treatment, with the purpose of helping employees and organizations to maintain their performance at work and emotional balance at optimal levels. We offer services to develop and maintain a healthy work environment, where encouraging effective and efficient communication, delivers the satisfaction of the employee in the workplace and organizational well-being.
Benefits for the Employer
Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) supports the organizational development in achieving the best working environment for their employees. Our commitment is to optimize the quality of life, increase working efficiency and enable them to better manage the challenges of daily living.
Orientation and Implementation
Assists the Human Resources Department of the company with the implementation process of the EAP program and offer trainings to supervisors and employees on the important aspects of the program.
Promoting a healthy lifestyle with prevention and training, through monthly health newsletters and educational lectures according to the need of the company and its employees.
Emergency and Crisis Management
Manage mental crisis episodes in the workplace with fast response throughout the island.
Evaluate employees requesting reasonable accommodation because of psychological conditions.
We offer employers quarterly utilization reports that include specific recommendations to provide greater control of the EAP.
Ensure that appointments do not coincide with other co-workers and supervisors, ensuring you privacy.
Our network of providers includes:
- Addiction Counsellors
- Social workers
- Financial Counseling
- Law firm-Lawyers
Benefits for the Employee
Sometimes we face situations that affect our daily living. Often, you might think that you do not have the tools to manage them. It is important that you know that you have at your service the employee assistance program APS OPTIMIND.
APS OPTIMIND provides professional and confidential counseling to help employees and their dependents to handle situations that affect their quality of life in their home and work.
Common situations presented:
- Stress, anxiety or depression
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Family or couple relations or problems
- School problems
- Use or abuse of alcohol and drugs
- Handling losses and grief
- Legal and financial problems
The tools you acquired by using the services of the EAP, allow you to restore your emotional balance by taking advantage of your strengths and capabilities, for your benefit, your family and coworkers.
- Appointments Coordination
- Orientation, psychological evaluation and counseling for you and/or relatives living on the same address.
- Direct clinical services through our extensive providers network
- Therapy and psychological counseling
- Educational activities, training and promotion of healthy lifestyles and prevention
- Hotline available 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Newsletters, health fairs, educational lecturers
- Legal and financial advice
- Total confidentiality, which gives you peace of mind and promotes both, the use of the service and the prevention of major events.
Access to the services
You can access the employee assistance program by confidentially calling:
787-522-4616 (working hours),
1-877-955-9554 (24 hours / 7 days a week)
You can also request services by completing an online application, accessing the contacts page or visiting the Human Resources office at your work place.